Want more women actively participating in the skeptical movement? Keep these suggestions in mind:
50. Learn what sexual objectification means (and doesn’t mean).
49. Let splinter groups splinter.
48. Doth not protest too much.
47. Identify the fringe.
46. Understand that consent is temporary.
45. Sexism in Skepticism, or: Learn to stop worrying and embrace the impending schism.
44. Consider how your speaker’s reputation affects your reputation.
43. Misconception: Women can’t take a joke.
42. Women do not have the right to not be offended.
41. Do not excuse ignorance.
Suggestions #21 to #40
Suggestions #1 to #20
I am only one person with ideas, and I would love to hear what other people have thought of or are doing. If you have other suggestions for how to increase the number of women who are active participants, please leave them in the comments here or make them via Twitter: @_KarenX. Thank you for visiting!
This page has the following sub pages.